Summer Holidays and hobby plans

The holiday is nearly upon us although I have 2 more normal school days left.  However, I have started to make a dent in the projects on my cluttered paint station, added to by my Joy of Six purchases. Last night I caught up on 3 episodes of The Acolyte on Disney plus and painted the 2 H&R aircraft I bought last weekend. These are for my side project of the early war action between Italy and Britain in East Africa. There's an Osprey Campaign book due to be released on the subject in January 2025, so I'll be basing my campaign around that. 
a Fiat CR42 and a Gloster Gladiator, ready for action in the skies of Somaliland.
transfers really do bring the models to life. 
The current roster for this campaign is shown below:
I envisage it being an Autumn/Winter project. The models were bought on the strength of "they're cool, they were in theatre, I want them." I bought a pack of Heroics 8th Army infantry at JoS to get me started on the bulk infantry forces. 
I'm also clearing the terrain backlog. 
the graveyard is from Leven. It'll get the basing sand and PVA wash this afternoon. 
And finally, these objective markers or supply dumps (we've had House Rules in some of the big Cold War Commander games before regarding resupply) have finally been finished and can be stored away. 
more to come... 

Comments

  1. Look forward to the Somaliland project. There's a chap on YouTube doing it 15mm

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Skirmish on the edge of Khemikhal

Crisis Point- forces and Day One

Crisis Point 6th & 7th April 2024