Musings on the next campaign

Now that I've actually concluded a Khemed campaign, I've been wondering about what should be next. I've had tentative plans for a Khemed 85 campaign, which would  feature a 1980s MEU along with a Lebanon style Multinational Force with British armoured cars, San Marco Marines, French Foreign Legion and the like. However, these would need purchasing and painting. So, as I was musing over a cup of tea the other morning and had been looking at some of my previous forces that are in storage and my 80s 82nd Airborne forces stuck out. So I'm going to fight a mini campaign, using the Expeditionary Force campaign in Programmed Wargames Scenarios by Charles S Grant.



Time and Place
The location will be a Caribbean island not dissimilar to Grenada. The island is the tropical idyllic of Dos Amos (with some changes to fit in locations and  more suitable names.) This is taken from a wargames book that was hugely influential on my early wargaming career and is a much cherished part of my collection. 
(I have both the First and Second books, of course!)

The 82nd have been despatched after a local political opposition group has brought damning evidence to the UN of the activities of the Cuban and Russian 'agricultural consultants and advisors' and so the US has authorised a intervention in order to restore a government that is more closely aligned to the interests of Washington. The forces are easy enough to muster from my existing stocks. 
The brigade forces of the 82nd Airborne 

Forces of the Cuban-equipped and mentored army. 
The campaign map, I shall make a copy and laminate it for my use. 
In order to make it more interesting, I've used some random names to establish commanders for each unit plus the overall CO's and then used the Character Traits generators in CS Grants 'Wargame Campaigns', so as to give each unit commander a command trait (bold, rash, useless etc) and experience level (novice, veteran etc.) I will type them up and post them as and when I've figured out how to apply them to the CWC2 rules. If that works, I might set them up for lower level commanders down to company level. 

So, that's my plans for the summer. And, given the glacial pace of my gaming, the autumn as well. 

Comments

  1. Excellent 👍 That book was my first ever Wargaming book and I always thought that island would make a great setting. May have to position it off the coast of San Theodoros

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Khemed campaign, Ride of the Abrams AAR

Skirmish on the edge of Khemikhal

Crisis Point- forces and Day One