Half Term projects

Half term, wife away on holiday, so while the kids entertain themselves, I am looking at bringing some order to this:
This is not a workspace conducive to work.. The first order of business is sorting out the 20mm Paper Terrain middle eastern buildings. These are for Side Project 243778, fighting some of my Khemed games in detail, drilling down to individual squad and platoon actions. 
To which end, I have started on some Khemed regulars and have been researching Real World contemporary forces for inspiration. One image from  Yemen looks like a Land Raider camouflage pattern, circa 1988 and would at least be a striking addition to the tabletop:
Apparently, they reminded Andy T of someone... 
However, I've gone for something almost as colourful:
first attempt:
so that will be a job for today, getting a squad of those lads finished.

Dropping down the scales, I also have some Baccus 7YW French to add to the strength. These lads will the Bourbon Infantry regiment and just need their regimental colours adding. 
And finally, I got this building from Wargames Emporium years ago. I think it was part of their Command Horizons sci fi range. I thought it would make a good, modern Khemed government/university/tech firm research building, but I've never been happy with the paint job. 
So it's getting a Dettol bath on the patio.. Any suggestions for how to finish it would be gratefully received. 
And then to finish, I'd like to get an actual game played! More on that to follow... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Khemed campaign, Ride of the Abrams AAR

Skirmish on the edge of Khemikhal

Crisis Point- forces and Day One